[opensuse] Re: No sound from CS4236 in openSuse 10.2
  • From: "Anderson Souza" <akira.bel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 00:40:10 -0200
Solved
Just added my user in audio group 8]

2006/12/13, Anderson Souza <akira.bel@xxxxxxxxx>:
I have an old Crystal ISA sound card (CS4236) and I can't get
no sound from it in openSuse 10.2. In Suse 10.1 it only worked
after using rmmod to unload all CS4232 related entries, running
alsaconf to probe CS4236 and configure it manually in YAST.
This same procedure isn't working in 10.2 but after alsaconf I
can rear the sound test, and configuring the volume in YAST I
can rear it too.
When I try to open any sound mixer or any music player it
tells me that there is no device available.

Any suggestions on it?

Thanks
[akira]