Re: [opensuse] configure fonts in KMail
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 20:22:36 -0500
On Thursday 14 December 2006 08:30, Will Stephenson wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 November 2006 03:06, Doug McGarrett said:
> > OK, I did that. It makes the Re From and To text big and readable, but
> > does nothing to the actual text of the message, which is where I'm really
> > having the problem. I'm using a 19" CRT Trinitron, which has good
> > resolution, but the characters are rather tiny. That's also true of an
> > outgoing message, like this one.
>
> Also, make sure your monitor's dimensions are set correctly in your X
> settings (sax2). X uses those to calculate what DPI your display has, and
> if it guesses too low, your fonts will appear too small.
>
> In 10.2 we've added a feature to the KControl->Appearance->Fonts config to
> allow you to hardwire a DPI, for people where SaX/xorg.conf is outside
> their control, or just too scary, so you could experiment with that too.
>
> Will
It's weird. When I hit "reply" I get a font I can read easily. It's just the
incoming message and the outgoing email that is in microfont. I believe the
monitor is set correctly. I will open sax2 and see what happens. I don't
have 10.2 and won't. If M/S hasn't killed SuSE by 10.3, I will buy that.

--doug