Re: [opensuse] Accepting all in the FORWARD chain
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 15:44:33 -0600
On 2006-12-14 02:33, Peder wrote:

I've been following this thread with some interest, and I cannot see
what problem you were having with SuSEfirewall2. AFAICT, all that you
did should have worked. What relevant differences are there between what
SuSEfirewall2 delivers, and your own rules?

It would have helped, of course, if you had given us an example or two
of traffic that was being dropped.
> <snip>
>
> I have now ditched SuSEfirewall2 and gone back to using my own fw
> ruleset
> and now it's up and running.
> The only problem I got by that is that the /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
> got set to 0. I checked that boot.ipconfig set it to 1 and even mande
> an entry in sysctl.conf but something later on in the startup routine
> still changed it. I ended up having to set it in my fw-script startup.
Yast/System, sysconfig editor. Network/general/IP_FORWARD="yes". File:
/etc/sysconfig/sysctl