Re: [opensuse] Release of 10.2
  • From: Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:01:47 +0100
Patrick Shanahan schrieb:
> * Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@xxxxxx> [12-13-06 10:36]:
>> Nice to here, textmaker and planmaker are good applications. Maybe
>> Novell should state this difference between the boxed sets and the
>> download versions somewhere more obvious to sell some more boxes?

> It has been said many times here:
>
> Everything (and more) in the *boxed* set is available from the ftp
> site. The DVD(9) has more than the download DVD, but those missing
> (and more) are available from the ftp site.

Yes, you're right, I just checked, MainActor, textmaker and planmaker
are indeed on the download DVD. O.k., it says "Demo version" in
rpm -qip MainActor-5-5.5.7-42.i586.rpm
but nothing is written for textmaker and planmaker about demo versions.
Astonishing, as these are commercial software packets, which cost more
than the SUSE DVD, see here:
> http://www.softmaker.com/english/ofl_en.htm
> http://www.softmaker.com/english/oflpm_en.htm

Are the versions on the DVD just evaluation ones or otherwise crippled?
Or how did Novell manage to give them away for free?

*astonished*

Ciao
Siegbert