Re: [opensuse] configure fonts in KMail
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 00:48:19 -0500
On Wednesday 13 December 2006 23:00, Jay C Vollmer wrote:
> On Monday 13 November 2006 20:06, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> > > Yup, I get that too when I uncheck the "Use custom fonts" checkbox.
> >
> > OK, I did that. It makes the Re From and To text big and readable, but
>
> does
>
> > nothing to the actual text of the message, which is where I'm really
>
> having
>
> > the problem. I'm using a 19" CRT Trinitron, which has good resolution,
>
> but
>
> > the characters are rather tiny. That's also true of an outgoing message,
> > like this one.
>
> Use the menu under the "use custom fonts" checkbox to select where you want
> your settings to be applied.
>
> --
> JAY VOLLMER JVOLLMER@xxxxxxxx
> TEXT REFS DOUBLEPLUSUNGOOD SELFTHINK
> VERGING CRIMETHINK - IGNORE FULLWISE

Well, it's partway there. Now I have good sized fonts _sometimes_ but
definitely not always. Here I'm getting good fonts, I could even use a
smaller font, but not a terribly smaller font, but it doesn't seem to follow
to the next email, or even to re-opening the old email. Why isn't there
a way to make _all_ the fonts in KMail the same size, and keep them that way
forever?

--doug