Re: [opensuse] Samba Admin Help
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:46:20 -0600
On 2006-12-13 21:29, Thomas Miller wrote:
> steve reilly wrote:
>>
>> man smbpasswd
>>
>> for more info
>>
> Unfortunately, it failed to change the password. I am assuming the
> default password is blank? So when it asked for my old password, I
> should just hit enter.

You didn't read "man smbpasswd":

When run by an ordinary user with no options, smbpasswd will prompt them
for their old SMB password and then ask them for their
new password twice, to ensure that the new password was typed
correctly. No passwords will be echoed on the screen whilst being
typed. If you have a blank SMB password (specified by the string
"NO PASSWORD" in the smbpasswd file) then just press the <En-
ter> key when asked for your old password.