Re: [opensuse] configure fonts in KMail
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:32:56 -0500
On Wednesday 13 December 2006 21:36, Leendert Meyer wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 November 2006 03:06, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> > >
> > > Yup, I get that too when I uncheck the "Use custom fonts"
> > > checkbox. It's at the top of the
> > > KMail "Settings" -> "Appearence" -> "Fonts"-tab.
> >
> > OK, I did that. It makes the Re From and To text big and
> > readable, but does nothing to the actual text of the message,
> > which is where I'm really having the problem. I'm using a 19" CRT
> > Trinitron, which has good resolution, but the characters are
> > rather tiny. That's also true of an outgoing message, like this
> > one.
>
> For each part-of-window do: select part-of-window with "Apply
> to"-combobox, select font, font-style, and font-size;
>
> After changing all the parts-of-window you wish, click [OK].
>
> That should do it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Leen
Hi, Leen--

There does not seem to be such a "part of windows" selection in 9.3.
I tried everything I could think of, but this message (and your original
answer) always comes out in very small print. Altho I did see a section
that called for "message list" and "message body" and some other stuff,
but whatever I feed in there does not seem to have any effect. I could
really use a bigger typeface--this is a bit difficult on my 69 year old eyes.

--doug