Re: [opensuse] Samba Admin Help
  • From: Thomas Miller <tmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:29:25 -0500
steve reilly wrote:
On Wednesday 13 December 2006 20:50, Thomas Miller wrote:

I installed Samba, and I can see if from my desktop, but it won't let me
login. I am using the standard setting as you see in Yast if you use it
for setting up the service. What am I do wrong?

hi,

each samba user must have a password setup. you cant use your regular user account password from the windows side.

try the command

smbpasswd

while logged in the linux box under the name you want to be able to login remotely from the windows box.

it will ask you for a password, this is the password you enter from the windows box when you login to the folder you want to get to in samba.

man smbpasswd

for more info
Unfortunately, it failed to change the password. I am assuming the default password is blank? So when it asked for my old password, I should just hit enter.

--
Thomas Miller
Chrome Portal Project Manager

http://www.bss-software.com