Re: [opensuse] Re: Release of 10.2
  • From: S Glasoe <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:29:49 -0600
On Wednesday 13 December 2006 03:59, Mark Hounschell wrote:
> But also, our company buys and delivers SuSE linux with our product. We
> just shipped a series of machines with SuSE-10 (A box for every box)
> included because our product is certified on 10.0 or less. We have had
> no problems getting older releases in the past. I would guess that this
> will be 'mucking' all this up as well. Will they continue to sell me a
> 10.2 box even after 10.4 is released? Or will this turn out to be part
> of a MicroSoftish ploy to force companies to buy the SLES version
> instead of the regular version?
>
> Mark

Where is your company located (rhetorical) and where is the nearest Novell
office to you? I'd be bugging a local sales rep about this since they
should be a little closer to the answers than us. Don't know your
quantities involved here but maybe they'd even work a deal and round up
excess inventory of previous releases to keep your company happy. Usually
Amazon.com has previous versions available for quite a long time.

Most of the Novell/SUSE employees on these lists are involved with the
software _not_ the marketing, packaging, corporate decision making. So
whether or not Novell/SUSE would continue to provide 10.2 when 10.4/11.x is
out probably can't be answered here.

And if you do try my idea, let us know how it goes.

Stan