Re: [opensuse] Accessing Build Service Packages via YaST in openSUSE 10.2?
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:54:26 -0500
* Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> [12-13-06 14:35]:
> I take it that's "yes," I have to configure each category of build
> service packages separately?

each 'repo' directory

> I'm really having trouble sorting all this stuff out. Are there
> mirrors of the build service distinct from the mirrors of the final
> release packages? Or are they integrated?

some of the mirrors do not include anything but the SUSE distro, ie:
not packman, guru or other contributors. AND some do not follow the
same directory structure.

I use: http://ftp.belnet.be
http://ftp-1.gwdg.de
http://ftp.skynet.be

for packman:
http://packman.inode.at/suse/10.1/
http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/packman/suse/10.1/
http://packman.unixheads.com/suse/10.1/RPMS/

from 10.0 to 10.1, it seems that directory structure was changed much
more than from 9.? -> 10.0. From what I have seen 10.2 is nearly the
same as 10.1.

I am ready to install 10.2, just waiting for an opportune moment or a
fit of disgust, which I haven't had since I finally 10.1 solidified. I
used apt on the 9.? series, but have switched to smart. They are quite
similar (imho). I believe that smart still has a ways to go but is
less system demanding than yast.

OpenSUSE Linux http://en.opensuse.org/