Re: [opensuse] Accessing Build Service Packages via YaST in openSUSE 10.2?
  • From: Thibaut Cousin <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:56:53 +0100
Le mercredi 13 décembre 2006 17:50, Randall R Schulz a écrit :
> 1) Can I access the Build Service via openSUSE's 10.2 YaST "Installation
> Source" and "Software Management" modules?
>
> 2) If the answer to (1) is "yes," what URLs do I use as installation
> sources?
>
> 3) If the answer to (1) is "no," is there anything short of completely
> manual package management? This would seem to make updating to packages
> that are part of large, interdependent sets, (say, KDE updates) very
> tedious. Does it imply that one has to manually retrieve the packages
> and run RPM?

Whether the answer is yes or no, I strongly suggest using Smart. It's doing
everything you mention above. I've been using it throughout the whole 10.1
lifetime, and now on 10.2, it's really simple and powerful.
I agree that it is possible to make mistakes, but if you check what's going
to be done before clicking "OK", you should be fine.

--
Thibaut Cousin
http://www.thibaut-cousin.net