Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice 2.1
  • From: Hugo Costelha <hugo.costelha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:30:23 +0000
On Wednesday 13 December 2006 15:03, Malte Gell wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 December 2006 22:08, James Knott wrote:
> > Now that OpenOffice v2.1 has been released, are there any plans for a
> > Novell version to follow?
>
> There are packages with newer versions of OOorg for SUSE Linux, but
> these packages are not officially supported, use at your own risk:
> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/OpenOffice.org/
>
> I stick with the version that came with SUSE 10.0 since I donĀ“t need the
> newer features.

Having Impress useing the two screens for presentations is really, really
important, as you can use you screen for notes and time check while the other
is for the presentation itself.

This reason is enough for me alone to upgrade (unless Novell has backported
that feature into openSUSE's OpenOffice 2.0.4, must check this out). However,
there are still no packages of OpenOffice 2.1 on the given location.

Hugo Costelha