Re: [opensuse] Dear Novell...
  • From: Daniel Bornkessel <dbornkessel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 11:57:49 +0100
On Wednesday 13 December 2006 11:29, Anders Norrbring wrote:
> Damon Register skrev:
> > Curtis Rey wrote:
> >> Bestbuy/CompUSA/Pick_A_Store. Instead they partner up with DIgRiv and
> >> charge rates for Over Night shipping determined by distance? When
> >> the USPS rates are a lot more palletable? Novell really really makes
> >> me wonder sometimes.
> >
> > I am really growing to dislike UPS price gouging. I haven't visted the
> > DigRiv site yet so I don't know who is doing the shipping but I noticed
> > yesterday when I sent a small package, the UPS price was high even for
> > ground.
> >
> >> I'll stay with OpenSUSE for now, thank you very much.
> >
> > I wonder if others will respond similarly and so retail sales will
> > do poorly then Novell will say that's why they didn't bother with
> > retail in local stores. Remember the comment a Novell executive made
> > about the MS/Novell deal: "we didn't get stupid overnight".
> >
> > Even though I really liked having the book, I think I will also just
> > use openSuSE 10.2. I am in the process of making the CDs now
>
> Seems like that's a US "problem" only. I haven't seen that shipping
> extravaganza anywhere else. And mind you, the US is a relatively small
> market for Linux in the global perspective...
Uhm ... I think I don't understand completely:
I checked the Novell shop at:
http://shop.novell.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=novell&id=ProductDetailsPage&productID=61098000
and shipping is 5$ normal fare, 10$ next day ... but perhaps I misunderstood
the discussion?