Re: [opensuse] Suse 10.2, Gnome, switch users
  • From: Angus MacGyver <macgyver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:44:58 +0000
On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 07:00 +0000, James Ogley wrote:
> > gconftool-2 --set --type bool /apps/gnome-screensaver/user_switch_enabled true
> > > second question, WTF was this removed ?
> > a) its the upstream default

Thanks, this has worked brilliantly.
I can understand the all user lookup, as I have all users in LDAP setup,
and yeah, it looks and gives them all.
However, the LDAP directory at home is rather small (like 12 users or
so) so not a problem here.

> And the functionality has been moved to the logout dialog.

Not here is isn't
Tick box for ... Save session

Radio buttion for "Action" options..
Log out
Shut down
Restart
Suspend

None of which is a switch user

- is there something else I need to tweak to get it enabled ?

> > Possibly we should re-enable the patch on openSUSE and leave it out on
> > SLE.

Don't know if it is a silly thought or not, but could the "switch user"
dialogue be written so that there is an option either, to manually enter
new username (lets face it, people wanting to logon know a username, and
don't have to scroll to see it)
OR
choose from who is currently already logged on

That in some ways would fulfil the requirements of the corporates with
their huge AD's /NIS by not looking every user up BEFORE providing a
list, and the people that do legitimately want to share a machine.

> +1
> --

Thanks and Regards

--