Re: [opensuse] Dear Novell...
  • From: Damon Register <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 05:25:06 -0500
Curtis Rey wrote:
Bestbuy/CompUSA/Pick_A_Store. Instead they partner up with DIgRiv and charge rates for Over Night shipping determined by distance? When the USPS rates are a lot more palletable? Novell really really makes me wonder sometimes.
I am really growing to dislike UPS price gouging. I haven't visted the
DigRiv site yet so I don't know who is doing the shipping but I noticed
yesterday when I sent a small package, the UPS price was high even for
ground.

I'll stay with OpenSUSE for now, thank you very much.
I wonder if others will respond similarly and so retail sales will
do poorly then Novell will say that's why they didn't bother with
retail in local stores. Remember the comment a Novell executive made
about the MS/Novell deal: "we didn't get stupid overnight".

Even though I really liked having the book, I think I will also just
use openSuSE 10.2. I am in the process of making the CDs now

Damon Register