Re: [opensuse] Dear Novell...
  • From: Curtis Rey <crey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:46:29 -0800

On Tue December 12 2006 23:12, John Andersen wrote:
> Dear Novell...
>
> Please speak to Digital River. Inform therm about this wonderful modern
> invention we have here in the United States. Its called a Post Office.
>
> They will come to your door with any size truck you want and actually
> PICK UP PACKAGES to be delivered to your customers. Imagine that!
> Its a brand new service, just started 200 years ago. They offer shipment
> tracking too, even insurance if you want it.
>
> And they even have a service they call Priority Mail which is dirt cheap
> to anywhere in the USA. I hear tell you can get a boxed set of OpenSUSE
> 10.2 shipped anywhere in the US for under 5 bucks.
>
> Instead I have to pay 36 bucks shipping for Next Day Delivery
> ON A PRODUCT YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE READY TO SHIP!!!
>
> I try to support my distro by putting my money where my mouth is,
> but this just grinds my grits.

Kinda silly isn't it!?! I garner the Novell has followed RH's lead and
decided not to supply boxed sets that can be bought at the local area
Bestbuy/CompUSA/Pick_A_Store. Instead they partner up with DIgRiv and charge
rates for Over Night shipping determined by distance? When the USPS rates
are a lot more palletable? Novell really really makes me wonder sometimes.

I'll stay with OpenSUSE for now, thank you very much.

Cheers, Curtis.

- --
Spammers Beware: Trespassers will be shot,
survivors will be shot again!

Like the song say: "Everything's 'Zen'... I don't think so"!