[opensuse] (solved) "dd" mini-iso CD to USB-Pendrive? (for booting)
  • From: Bill-Schoolcraft <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:57:54 -0800 (PST)
At Tue, 12 Dec 2006 it looks like Jan Engelhardt composed:

> >Hello Family,
> >
> >I've just purchased a 1-gig Sandisk "Cruzer" pendrive for I need to have
> >the full "first" (network-mini-iso) image to reside on the drive.
> >
> >I need to have it boot as would a USB CDROM so I can initiate an NFS
> >install.
> >
> >I received this USB Flash Drive with a fat32 file system on in and was
> >thinking of just taking my first CD of CentOS and doing:
> >
> > dd if=/dev/hdc of=/dev/sda
> >
> >I was thinking the above syntax from the days of using "dd" for floppy
> >boot images to 1.44mb floppy disks.
> >
> >Any ideas on this?
>
> Ideas on what? Is there a problem?

Thanks for the reply.

Got an both pendrives configured, with some help from:

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/

--
Bill Schoolcraft <*> http://wiliweld.com

"Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday,
lying in hospitals dying of nothing."
-- Redd Foxx