Re: [opensuse] Re: Release of 10.2
  • From: "Geir A. Myrestrand" <geir.myrestrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:30:35 -0500
Mark Hounschell wrote:
Geir A. Myrestrand wrote:

Mark, if you're in the U.S. I think you have to order it via
http://shop.novell.com.

It is available for order now for $59.95 + $5 shipping.

You get the 32-bit and 64-bit packages on DVD, and the 32-bit packages
on CD-ROM, a printed manual, 90 days of installation support, and
"Security patches and bug fixes for up to 2 years".

I'm very familiar with what I get with the BOX. I've bought every one since 6.0 down the street at Best-Buy or Comp-USA.

Good boy!
I only bought the 9.2 box, but got some of the other releases on discs that came with some of my magazine subscriptions.

I don't understand. Why won't I be able to purchase it in the same manner as I _always_ have. What has changed? Why? This is very disturbing to me.

It is disturbing to me too --especially after the MS-Novell deal, but I don't want to re-open that can of worms... Maybe Novell just wants to focus on SLES and SLED at retail? Well, no matter what the reason is, I don't like it either.... :-(

--

Geir A. Myrestrand