Re: [opensuse] article about Midnight Commander
  • From: "Mark Goldstein" <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 20:52:16 +0200
On 12/12/06, Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC) <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Monday 2006-12-11 at 12:08 +0200, Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC) wrote:
>

>>>I would add something into the HOWTO about opening files that require a GUI
>>>from an XTerm or terminal ie using an xterm i open mc and navigate to the OOo
>>>file I want to edit. How can I open that selected file in OOo?
>

> Did you try? ;-)
hhhmmmmpppffff. Been caught out once with not trying and I think it will
be a long time before it happens again although I might miss what I need
whilst looking :)

Yep, I had a look and tried to Enter when the file was selected and had
a brief look at the menus and F keys but didn't see anything to open the
file.

My caveat though is I may have passed over it. :)

Not sure what's the problem. If it is defined in extension menu,
clicking or pressing Enter on file under cursor will open it in
whatever program. I've just opened .doc file in OOo, mpg file in
MPlayer. It works OK.

Mark Goldstein