Re: [opensuse] test for hdd
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:29:49 +0100
S Glasoe a écrit :

A useful tool I've found is www.UltimateBootCD.com.

I'm downloading this and will try it

dd did no error. smartctrl passes. If I understand the logs, the disk is not in good shape (but smart does not always give relevant infos, alas)

fsck.reiser passes also...

I don't really see how I can test the alim (the fan blows)

this is an old computer, celeron 600, 4.5Gb HDD no sata there :-).

I even changed the video card and will complete the tests, because the last freeze was surprising.

kde, yast frozen (on software install) - not a zen problem, no mouse at all :-(

ping responded
ssh responded! I could open a ssh session as root. I could kill one after the other all kde processes, but no change on video and in ps ax I couldn't identify the X basic system

I tryed init 3, no change.
I tryed init 1, no change on the screen, still no keyboard and still the kde screen, but I lost the ssh session, so I beg it did init 1

on reboot, lot of journal replaying :-(
I made the hdd tests after that (no problem seen) and replaced the video card. I'm there :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO