Re: [opensuse] nxserver (FreeNX) and 10.2
  • From: "Greg Freemyer" <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:11:17 -0500

On 12/11/06, Bruce A. Mallett <bam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On your client, have you got "ForwardX11 yes" ?
In other words, if you ssh into the remote box, does "echo $DISPLAY"
show what you expect? And can you then bring up an xterm?

- Bruce

All, Does anyone have nxserver working with SUSE 10.2?

Bruce,

Thanks for the thought, but I'm pretty sure that is not the problem.

nxserver/freenx has the freenx client do a ssh login as the user "nx"
and then I have nxserver configured to do a su to the real user and
launch KDE. I'm pretty sure ForwardX11 does not need to be
explicitely set for the freenx client because FreeNX is a custom ssh
client provided exclusively to work with the nxserver and initiate the
ssh connection and handle X graphics. (Also I don't see a way to set
it in the freenx config screens.)

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer