Re: [opensuse] Re: k3bsetup
  • From: Michal Hlavac <hlavki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:52:41 +0100

> There is no burn group in SUSE, at least not in 10.0.
> Access rights are given during console login by setting file ACLs.
> This is done by resmgr, see /usr/share/doc/packages/resmgr/.
>
> Do a getfacl /dev/sr0 (or whatever your CD-Writer-Device is) to see
> the ACLs.
>
> The only remaining question is if there shouldn't be write access to
> the corresponding generic SCSI device as well, or if that isn't needed.

hello Joachim,

when I start k3b (suse 10.2) it says this:
cdrecord will be run without root privileges
It is highly recommended to configure cdrecord to run with root privileges.
Only then cdrecord runs with high priority which increases the overall
stability of the burning process. Apart from that it allows changing the size
of the used burning buffer. A lot of user problems could be solved this way.
This is also true when using SuSE's resmgr.
Solution: Use K3bSetup to solve this problem.

m.