[opensuse] Using rug to search in package
  • From: suseuser@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:53:58 +0100 (CET)

Hi list.

Coming from the Mandriva world I really like their urpmf command.
It allows me to type 'urpmf sbin/ls' and shows wich package,
installed or not, contains a file beginning with "ls" that's
residing in an sbin directory; so the answer I'd get would be:

modutils:/sbin/lsmod
lsof:/usr/sbin/lsof
lshw:/usr/sbin/lshw

and so on. This makes it easy to find missing libraries for instance.

Is there a way to use rug to do the same?

The 'rug search' only searches the name of packages and I haven't
found any other suitable option to use.

Perhaps yast can do it but in that case I'd like not having
to got through the GUI (X or curses), just a plain simple command please
(that's also why I use rug; I don't use X on my server and it's
so simple to just type 'rug up' to update it or 'rug install stow').

- Peder