Re: [opensuse] K3b problem
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:44:44 +0800
Kelly J. Morris wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 08:14 +0800, Joe Morris (NTM) wrote:
>
>> How did you install? You should install it via Yast, off your CD or
>> DVD. Which arch? Here is a link for one from guru.
>> http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/2858953/com/dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8-1.guru.suse92.i686.rpm.html
>> watch wrapping. I don't think the one from 9.3 would have any problems,
>> but not knowing anything about your system, the above is the safest advice.
>>

> OK, I found dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8-2.i586.rpm on the original SuSE 9.2
> Installation DVD. But, I don't know how or where to re-install it.
See above. Use Yast, Software, Install and Remove Programs (I think it
was called something like that back then). You are using a fine rpm
based distribution, meaning you do NOT need to worry about where it will
install, rpm will take care of that, and Yast will take care of the how.
> Could
> you give me some simple, monkey-see/monkey-do instructions? I would
> greatly appreciate it. TIA Kelly

If you need more instructions than that, let me know. It has been a few
years since I used 9.2 though.

--
Joe Morris
Registered Linux user 231871