Re: [opensuse] XDCMP setup
  • From: Mike <kenziem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:17:12 -0500
On Monday 11 December 2006 2:41 pm, David Mayr wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> > When I try and connect I get login host not responding; choose another or
> > try again latter.
>
> As it seems that you need XDMCP get working, I try to give you some hints
> on that:
>
> 1.)
> edit /etc/X11/xdm/xdm-config
> and change the line
> DisplayManager.requestPort: 0
> ! DisplayManager.requestPort: 0

Have this already
> 2.)
> edit /opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc (I assume you use KDM)
> and change the following
> [Xdmcp]
> #Enable=false
> [Xdmcp]
> Enable=true

And this too

> > How can I trace X session requests?

I'm thinking
a) there is a firewall in the way. The connection runs though a linksys
wrt54gs on route. I have tuned off the SuSEfirewall (temporarily) without
any change.

b) Since I am already using display 0 and 1 on the machine there are none
left.

c) something not restarted?

--
Collector of vintage computers http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600