[opensuse] Problem with udev
  • From: Kontogeorgis Aristides <kontogar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 00:15:28 +0200
Hi!
Ι have the following problem with opensuse 10.2
on a toshiba satelite laptop.

When I boot with the option acpi=off everythink is OK (but the powersave
functions do not work of course and it is noisy (no fan control) )

With the acpi option on, the following error message appears:

sda: udev-event[809]: wait_for_sysfs: waiting for
`/sys/devices/pci/0000.00/0000 .....
and the system seems to halt.

the sata disk is mounted in /dev/sda6 and has the reiser filesystem.

The above laptop was working perfectly with opensuse 10.0
and the same sort of problems appeared in 10.1.
At that time I was compliled a vanilla kernel 2.6.16 and
the laptop was able to boot normaly (with acpi=on)
The same kernel 2.6.16 still works with 10.2 but no sound.

Any help?
Aristides