Re: [opensuse] About fglrx drivers
  • From: Curtis Rey <crey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 11:15:48 -0800

On Mon December 11 2006 06:52, Matthias Hopf wrote:
> On Dec 09, 06 23:31:02 -0800, Curtis Rey wrote:
> > Ok, I have read the bug list reports and various other media via the net
> > about the problems with getting the proprietary drivers from ati to
> > load/work. They don't and won't. I used the x.28.x version since the
> > devs used this
>
> They don't, but will. ATI is aware of the problem, and they *do* work on
> it.
>
> > version and when doing the "--listpkg" flag on the installer for the
> > x.28.x version was the only one that listed support for SuSE/SUSE102_IA32
>
> It has been removed from later ones, because it didn't work.
>
> > Is there a point of contact (e.g. email address) other than the joe user
> > front end customer support page wherein one can direct the ATI devs to
> > update the damn drivers. I'll be nice and very diplomatic, since I
> > realize they're
>
> ATI is completely OEM driven. Thus there is no real end-user support,
> sorry.
>
> > there anyway to "encourage" the AMD/ATi devs to focus on updating the ATi
> > fglrx drivers for SuSE 10.2/xorg v7.2?
>
> There is no way to accelerate the process. It's on its way.
>
> Matthias

Thanks Matthias. I thought as much. Just wondering how overworked these guys
are since the buyout/takeover by AMD. I can only imagine how disruptive
something like this might be to their work environment.

I'll just wait and watch! :)

Have a great day. Curtis.

P.S. Congrats on 10.2, so far a stellar release! Give my regards to the
coding team - they did themselves proud. :D

- --
Spammers Beware: Trespassers will be shot,
survivors will be shot again!

Like the song say: "Everything's 'Zen'... I don't think so"!