[opensuse] SLES 10 xen cluster
  • From: Jan Kalcic <jandot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:52:12 +0100
Hi All,

I'm designing a scenario where I have two physical machine both running
XEN. Each machine has two virtual machine running different services
(let's suppose apache and FTP) and they are in a HA cluster connected to
a shared disk or better to a SAN. The design would be like the following:

Apache(VM1) --------- Heartbeat ---------- Apache (VM1)
FTP (VM2) --------- Heartbeat ---------- FTP(VM2)
| |
| |
| |
Physical Physical
Machine Machine
| |
| |

Now, all I have to be worried about is the split brain. I shouldn't use
STONITH to switch the power supply off otherwise I would switch off all
the virtual machines running on it. (This scenario is just an example,
actually there would be 4 VMs on each physical machine). So, how should
I consider split brain? Do you guys see a better design for this
scenario? Has anyone experienced this and can give me some feedback?

TIA,
Jan