Re: [opensuse] About fglrx drivers
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:52:37 +0100
On Dec 09, 06 23:31:02 -0800, Curtis Rey wrote:
> Ok, I have read the bug list reports and various other media via the net about
> the problems with getting the proprietary drivers from ati to load/work.
> They don't and won't. I used the x.28.x version since the devs used this

They don't, but will. ATI is aware of the problem, and they *do* work on
it.

> version and when doing the "--listpkg" flag on the installer for the x.28.x
> version was the only one that listed support for SuSE/SUSE102_IA32

It has been removed from later ones, because it didn't work.

> Is there a point of contact (e.g. email address) other than the joe user front
> end customer support page wherein one can direct the ATI devs to update the
> damn drivers. I'll be nice and very diplomatic, since I realize they're

ATI is completely OEM driven. Thus there is no real end-user support,
sorry.

> there anyway to "encourage" the AMD/ATi devs to focus on updating the ATi
> fglrx drivers for SuSE 10.2/xorg v7.2?

There is no way to accelerate the process. It's on its way.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx> __ __ __
Phone +49-911-74053-715 __) |_| __) |__ labs www.mshopf.de