Re: [opensuse] VNC session
  • From: "Clint Tinsley" <clintin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 07:15:43 -0700
> I was able to bring sax back to live (with sax2 -r) and I was also able
> to configure vnc there.
> however, not as stated in the gui, it is not listening on port 5900
> (still only 5801 and 5901) and by connecting to 5901, I see this gray
> screen only... I'll go a bit more for the documentation...
> somehow a pitty it is not that straighforward to setup yet.. and
> especially the fact, that you have to config in different gui's makes it
> a bit... tricky...

This sounds like a known bug. If you install the Gnome desktop first during install, you get a grey screen when starting a vnc session in gdm. If you install KDE first as the desktop so you get the kdm manager (redundant, I know), then vnc works properly. I have filed a bug report on this. Appears the problem has been around since RC1 in searching the bug reports.

Clint