Re: [opensuse] VNC session
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:03:23 +0100

>>> Reply on 11-12-2006 16:01:59 <<<

> > I was able to bring sax back to live (with sax2 -r) and I was also
> able
> > to configure vnc there.
> > however, not as stated in the gui, it is not listening on port
5900
> > (still only 5801 and 5901) and by connecting to 5901, I see this
gray
> > screen only... I'll go a bit more for the documentation...
> >
> > somehow a pitty it is not that straighforward to setup yet.. and
> > especially the fact, that you have to config in different gui's
makes
> it
> > a bit... tricky...
>

> I found the built in Remote Administration to be a bit tough to get
> working... on the other hand, I found x11vnc a breeze to set up and
> use. I ssh tunnel to the remote computer, start x11vnc, and then
> simply connect to the vnc session using the standard VNC tools on
the
> local system. Hardly any configuration needed (except to set up ssh
> on the remote machine before hand).

In my Xorg.log.0 file are some errors regarding vnc... I didn't see
them before (ok.. the config was not complete).
Now as this error is there, it might be a bit better trackable... some
more hints?

The 'loading vnc' in Xorg.log.0:
(II) LoadModule: "vnc"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libvnc.so
dlopen: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libvnc.so: undefined symbol:
_ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE
(EE) Failed to load /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libvnc.so
(II) UnloadModule: "vnc"