Re: [opensuse] Using multimedia keys with openSUSE 10.2?
  • From: Hugo Costelha <hugo.costelha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:46:34 +0000
On Sunday 10 December 2006 21:01, Hugo Costelha wrote:
> On Sunday 10 December 2006 19:46, Kai Ponte wrote:
> > On Sunday 10 December 2006 09:50, Hugo Costelha wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Does anyone know what is need fot the keyboard multimedia keys to work?
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Have you tried LinEAK? It comes with SUSE and allows you to graphically
> > configure the keys for many different multimedia keyboards. I've had it
> > running on my laptops as well as on a few different Logitech keyboards.
> > --
>
> Until today I never needed any program to have the multimedia keys working.
> Having the right keyboard model selected, since KDE comes with the
> multimedia keys already associated with the proper actions, everything
> usually works just fine out of the box. And If I needed to configure
> anything else, I just need to go to the KDE control center and select the
> shortcuts section.
>
> However, there is something quite strange in openSUSE 10.2, has it seems
> that the sound related keys are somewhat intercepted and not allowed to
> reach their destination!! The other multimedia keys (like the home folder,
> the internet one, or even the e-mail one) work normally. Just those I
> mentioned do not work!!

So no ideas besides installing another application?

I am not sure, but probably it is related to this issue as well. A KDE update
performed in my 10.1 around last week also made the my laptop multimedia keys
stop working. What is rather strange though, is that using for instance
Alt+XF86AudioLowerVolume works withtou a problem. This means that it really
is some kind of bug. Maybe I will take a look at bugzilla.kde before going go
bugzilla.novell.

Hugo