Re: [opensuse] More fallout on the Novell <> MS Deal on /. and Groklaw
  • From: "D Gavrilovic" <d.gavrilovic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 06:26:23 -0500
On 12/11/06, Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 07:44 +0200, Janne Karhunen

> You missed the point again. You, as a Novell customer, are
> paying to MS from now on [for something that does not exist,
> ie. FUD]. Is that what you wanted?

If its FUD its a failure and M$ customers dumb enough to buy into that
deserve all the virus, worm, trojans that happen.

Another point is that when you buy car insurance your also paying for
all the irresponsible people in your same classification. There is no
way to separate yourself out from that.

Its not like the Microsoft refund that you can file when you buy a
computer with that OS preinstalled when you are going to load linux.

Perhaps we should write Novell and ask for a form for a FUD refund.

Actually, there is a story circulating claiming that some sysadmin in
the UK(I think!) managed to get a refund from Dell for his unopened
copy of XP that came with system. Don't know how true that one is.

--

"Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of
the surest stepping stones to success." - Dale Carnegie