Re: [opensuse] VNC session
  • From: linux@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:18:30 +0100
Quoting Dominique Leuenberger <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Reply on 11-12-2006 12:15:13 <<<

Quoting Dominique Leuenberger <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> I enabled the Remote Administration inside Yast, and I can connect

> using a VNC Viewer to it. BUT: I only get a gray screen. Looks like

> the GDM but without the login screen or an interface at all.
>
> How can this be solved? Known bug? New bug to be entered?
>
> Dominique
>
> --

Did you finished also the second part of configuration of VNC in SaX
?

Errmm.. no ?
and even worse.. I can not start sax2 :~( it seems to dislike some
modifications the vmware-config.pl did inside the xorg.conf... very very
bad...

More help is needed.

Dominique

OK, nevermind,
it can be done by hand.... But it's better to restore some older xorg.conf and use Sax to do this changes.

There are some parts of my xorg.conf. You can use some lines :

Section "Module"
Load "dbe"
Load "type1"
Load "freetype"
Load "extmod"
Load "glx"
Load "v4l"
Load "vnc"
EndSection

Section "Device"
BoardName "GeForce2 MX/MX 400"
BusID "1:0:0"
Driver "nv"
Identifier "Device[0]"
Option "usevnc" "yes"
Option "rfbauth" "/root/.vnc/passwd"
Screen 0
VendorName "NVidia"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Layout[all]"
InputDevice "Mouse[1]" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Keyboard[2]" "ExtraKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse[3]" "ExtraPointer"
Option "Clone" "off"
Option "VNC" "3 2"
Option "Xinerama" "off"
Screen "Screen[0]"
EndSection

More help can be found on homepage of Xvnc. THere is some howto.

M.