Re: [opensuse] Horizontal scrolling
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 00:26:28 -0900
On Sunday 10 December 2006 20:29, Carl William Spitzer IV wrote:
> Once I had a rare two wheel mouse by micro innovations which allowed
> verticle and horizontal scrolling. When it stopped working I bought a
> MI trackball mouse on which the middle button was the ball. Now I have
> another same brand with a middle wheel which rocks side to side to
> permit horizontal scrolling. Only now it does not work with the same
> settings in xorg.conf
>
> Section "InputDevice"
> Driver "mouse"
> Identifier "Mouse[1]"
> Option "ButtonNumber" "7"
> Option "Buttons" "7"
> Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
> Option "Name" "ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse"
> Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
> Option "Vendor" "Sysp"
> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
> EndSection
>
> What have I done wrong?

What was the last version of xorg under which this
worked?

I have one of those mice with the ball on top.
(compaq). I'll try your settings and see if it works.
Actually I had no clue it had horizontal capability
until I opened it to clean the dust out that was
gumming up the ball. Its a mouse within a mouse.

--
John Andersen