[opensuse] suspend to disk: replacement for SUSPEND2DISK_RESTART_SERVICES
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 05:19:31 +0100
Hello,

In 10.1's /etc/sysconfig/powersave/sleep, I had to set two veriables
for my system:

SUSPEND2DISK_SHUTDOWN_MODE="shutdown"

and

SUSPEND2DISK_RESTART_SERVICES="ntp network"

The replacement for the first was easy: add the following line

shutdown method = shutdown

to /etc/suspend.conf. Now my system resumes again with a single tap
on a key.

But I could not figure out an easy way to stop and restart some
services, i.e. a replacement for SUSPEND2DISK_SHUTDOWN_MODE. I
looked in /usr/share/doc/packages/{suspend,pm-utils},
http://en.opensuse.org/Pm-utils.

Stopping/starting services is briefly mentioned in the
pm-utils/README, but nothing on how to deal with it.

Am I overlooking something?

Cheers,

Leen