Re: [opensuse] Nic or Hub - Something is going PLONK soon?
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 19:02:34 -0900
On Sunday 10 December 2006 18:09, James Wright wrote:
> 4) Auto-negotiation is not working as it should and/or reporting the
> correct value.  You may want to ensure that the NIC is indeed using Half
> Duplex by issuing the command:
>
> ethtool -s eth0 duplex half

Nick summarily ignored any ethtool commands.

Hub replaced with 10/100 switch.
Then nic would auto-negotiate 100Full. However, after
some time it would drop to 10/half.

So I invoked Andersen's rule of naughty nics and it went plonk.
Slapped an intel nic in, and it negotiates 100/full and stays
there.

3com. sigh.....

But thanks for the suggestions.

--