Re: [opensuse] OS 10.2 - Problem with Fonts in Main Menu
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:11:38 +1100
Leendert Meyer wrote:
On Monday 11 December 2006 03:46, Basil Chupin wrote:
Ed Engelking II wrote:
Greetings everyone,

I'm hoping that someone else has come across this problem and
has found a fix...

For whatever reason, the fonts in the Main Menu and the left
side of the Control Center on my new install look terrible. They appear to be jagged and definitely don't look as clear and
uniform like the rest of the fonts throughout the desktop. However, when I move my mouse over an item and the button forms
around the object, the fonts inside the button look fine.
[pruned]

Do you have anti-aliasing set? (In KDE, Personal
Settings>Fonts>Use anti-aliasing.)

Yes, I was thinking in the same direction. Anti-aliasing on, and click [Configure], and set "Hinting style" not to "Full", but "Medium" or perhaps "Slight".

Only slight hassle with this is that by just setting anti-aliasing you put more load on your CPU and with then engaging the Hinting Style it slows things down more and it's noticeable- of course this effect will depend on what you have for a CPU.

Cheers.