Re: [opensuse] OS 10.2 - Problem with Fonts in Main Menu
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:05:42 +1100
Ed Engelking II wrote:
Basil,

I forgot to mention that this is a Gnome-based install.

I gathered as much from a comment in previous message which is why I added the reference to KDE :-) .

Yes, anti-aliasing is working properly throughout the rest of the desktop. For whatever reason, it just isn't working properly in the new "Main Menu" and Control Center of Gnome, as seen in the screenshot examples.

Have a look at the settings for the various Desktop window/menu elements and see which fonts are assigned to them. Just like in Windows, there are font settings for the various elements (sidebar, table heading, etc). You will find that fiddling with the fonts themselves will/may affect these elements.

Cheers.