Re: [opensuse] Sound issues when installing 10.2
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:41:01 +1100
Clayton wrote:
The kmix menu which comes up does not display any green LEDs which in
earlier versions indicated whether a channel was muted or not muted.

I think we're facing totally different but similar issues. In my
case, KMix is working fine... when I plug in my USB headset, it's
immediately identified as a valid sound device, and KMix is more than
happy to manage the volume settings. It is the only device that is
identified though. The PCI sound card is not picked up at all by KDE
or Gnome, despite the fact it's working outside of the window
managers.

C.

Is this the card you have?-

http://www.krex.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=514