[opensuse] still trying to print
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:39:26 -0500

That's the hair I've torn out! I KNOW that this machine with
SuSE 10.0 would print to the HP Laserjet 2200D, but with
SuSE 9.3, I can't get it to print to anything, altho it tries to
access printers. (10.0 ruined my mail, so I went back to 9.3.)

I have tried, in Yast, the two possible PostScript choices, one
without Foomatic and one with. Both of them send _something_
to the printer, but nothing comes out, and the light just keeps
blinking. If I could get this working, I could live with SuSE for
quite a while, while I try to get the XP machine working again,
but without a printer, I'm hopelessly lost. And I do need
PostScript, since OO won't output a spreadsheet without it.

--doug