Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice.org only 32bit?
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:41:16 +0800
James Knott wrote:
>> Le dimanche 10 décembre 2006 12:04, Joe Morris (NTM) a écrit :
>>

>>> My understanding was it was pulled because it is such a huge package it
>>> wouldn't fit on the DVD9, so they only included the i586 version. You
>>> can get the x86_64 rpms from Factory repository. It does need x86_64
>>> java, i.e. java-1.5.0-sun x86_64. HTH
>>>

> How much bigger is the 64 bit package?

If I understand your question correctly, it isn't so much how big it is,
but on the DVD9 package is the packages for both arch, thus it would
mean having both i586 AND x86_64 OO, adding several hundred meg size to
a tight 8.5 GB. From bugzilla, the reason it was removed from the
install source was because Yast would prefer to install it for an x86_64
system if it was in the install sources over the i586 version included
by default, possibly breaking things post install.

--
Joe Morris
Registered Linux user 231871