Re: [opensuse] K3b problem
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:14:07 +0800
kjmlists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Joe - Thanks very much. I couldn't find dvd+rw-tools on my system
> anywhere. Looking on the web, I found an rpm for it for SuSE 9.3. I
> have SuSE 9.2. Will this work? If so, where do I put it to run
> "install?"

How did you install? You should install it via Yast, off your CD or
DVD. Which arch? Here is a link for one from guru.
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/2858953/com/dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8-1.guru.suse92.i686.rpm.html
watch wrapping. I don't think the one from 9.3 would have any problems,
but not knowing anything about your system, the above is the safest advice.

> BTW Do you know why this might be cropping up now when I've had no
> problem before. Seems strange ...

My guess is you installed something with Yast, and either it uninstalled
it for some reason, or you made a mistake and uninstalled it accidentally.

--
Joe Morris
Registered Linux user 231871