Re: [opensuse] K3b problem
  • From: kjmlists@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 23:39:13 +0000

From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
> kjmlists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Greetings. I have been using K3b to burn CDs and DVDs with SuSE Pro 9.2,
> Gnome, on a P4 2.8 Mhz 1 GB Ram. Today, it went on strike. It errors every time
> I try to burn a DVD (with a Sony DVD RW DRU-710A writer) using a Sony DVD+R disk
> (I have used these disks successfully 9 times before).
> >
> > The error message is:
> >
> > "Could not find growisofs executable."
> >
> > I would appreciate any guidance as to how to proceed.
> >

> rpm -q dvd+rw-tools, and if it is not installed, reinstall.

Joe - Thanks very much. I couldn't find dvd+rw-tools on my system anywhere. Looking on the web, I found an rpm for it for SuSE 9.3. I have SuSE 9.2. Will this work? If so, where do I put it to run "install?"

BTW Do you know why this might be cropping up now when I've had no problem before. Seems strange ...

Thanks again. Kelly

kjmlists@xxxxxxxxxxx