Re: [opensuse] Splitting MP3's
  • From: John K Masters <johnmasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 23:32:28 +0000
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:51:42 +0000
Pete Connolly <pete.connolly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi John
>
> I've got Audacity installed on opensuse 10.2 with full MP3 support, including
> audacity. The default installation contains zero support for MP3s apart from
> the realplayer engine if you include the non-oss CD or installation source.
>
> I use smart to do my package management and have the following channels set
> up. They provide just about everything I need to run a great desktop distro.

<SNIP>

> Good luck
>
> Cheers
>
> Pete

Looks good. I installed smart and all your suggested repos. Installed Audacity (after uninstalling previous attempt) but still get the same message about not compiled with MP3 support. BTW I am streaming MP3's off my server quite successfully using Rhythmbox.

--
John K Masters - User #417400 in the Linux Counter http://counter.li.org/