Re: [opensuse] Splitting MP3's
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 16:55:59 -0500
On Sunday 10 December 2006 16:37, John K Masters wrote:
> Thank you for your patience but it seems I DO have to compile as the repos,
> including Packman, do NOT provide Audacity with MP3 support WITHOUT
> installing extra libs, which the RPM then does not see.

This is simply wrong, John. I import/export mp3 files with Audacity all the
time. I've *never* had to compile it for SUSE:

a. Install Audacity.
b. Install lame (presently lame-3.96.1-2 on my system.
c. In Audacity, 'Edit->Preferences->File Formats'
d. browse to or enter '/usr/bin/lame' so Audacity can "see" it
e. import and export mp3 files with Audacity

bye!

Carl