Re: [opensuse] Splitting MP3's
  • From: John K Masters <johnmasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:37:29 +0000
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 15:52:05 -0500
Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sunday 10 December 2006 15:38, John K Masters wrote:
> > Googled like mad (pun intended) for a solution but it seems that this is
> > common and unsolvable. Despite installing libmad and all the other depends,
> > audacity will still not compile as it cannot find libmad.
>
> You do not need to compile Audacity, John. I have never had to compile
> Audacity for SUSE and I use it all the time.
>
> Carl

Carl.

Thank you for your patience but it seems I DO have to compile as the repos, including Packman, do NOT provide Audacity with MP3 support WITHOUT installing extra libs, which the RPM then does not see. If you Google for ``audacity libmad'' you will see many examples of failed attempts to install Audacity and NO solutions. It seems it's a Suse thing. Not to worry, I'm only passing through as they say.

I have tried hard to like Suse over the years (and there are a lot of things to like) but I shall probably go back to Deb or maybe Slack.

Peace!

--
John K Masters - User #417400 in the Linux Counter http://counter.li.org/