Re: [opensuse] Splitting MP3's
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:02:47 -0500
On Sunday 10 December 2006 13:54, John K Masters wrote:
> Thanks for the reply; I'd forgotten about Audacity. Unfortunately, I
> installed Audacity from Suse repo but on trying to load a MP3 file it tells
> me Audacity was not compiled with MP3 support.
>
> Really Audacity is overkill for what I want to do.

Install the Packman version and also make sure lame is installed to get around
the 'oem' SUSE restriction. Audacity may look like it's "overkill" but you
might be surprised to find, after a little use, that it is very easy *and*
handy for editing out lots of "ummms" and "aahhhhs" as well as coughs and
sneezes, etc. ;-)

I guess it always depends on one's application.

regards,

Carl