Re: [opensuse] Splitting MP3's
  • From: John K Masters <johnmasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:54:33 +0000
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 12:05:08 -0500
Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sunday 10 December 2006 11:49, John K Masters wrote:
> > Can anyone recommend an app to split large MP3's into a specified number of
> > pieces or parts of a set length? Preferably I would also like to be able to
> > name the resulting files according to a particular pattern.
>
> Hi John,
>
> Check under 'Multimedia' -> 'Media Editing' to confirm that Audacity is
> installed. Note: You'll want lame installed, as well, so Audacity will be
> able to export in mp3 format.
>
> hth & regards,
>
> Carl

Thanks for the reply; I'd forgotten about Audacity. Unfortunately, I installed Audacity from Suse repo but on trying to load a MP3 file it tells me Audacity was not compiled with MP3 support.

Really Audacity is overkill for what I want to do.

--
John K Masters - User #417400 in the Linux Counter http://counter.li.org/