Re: [opensuse] Forcing a download of a file?
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 19:44:16 +0100
Hi,

Thomas Miller wrote:
> No. And when I try to configure the download, it isn't there. In
> Windows I can configure each file extension individually. There is no
> option for this. I was going to update it, but there is no update menu
> item either.

The problem is the realplayer plugin. It registers *.rpm as extension
for Real content. So if the web server doesn't give you a specific
mime-type for the file the browser tries to find the right application
by the suffix. Plugins are first consulted and so Realplayer gets the
content.
Either remove realplayer or get the site administrator get his web
server fixed to transmit the correct mime-type for the file.

Wolfgang